If you are in need of a skin pick-me-up, you can add these homemade face masks to your skin care routine to help address the appearance of sagging skin.
Flaxseed morning tightening face mask
Prepare this mask every morning to apply it in the evening. You need just two ingredients: flax seeds and water.
Everyone has heard about the benefits of flaxseed oil that effectively fights free radicals and harmful cholesterol. But not everyone knows that flaxseeds, from which this oil is obtained, can affect face skin and neck skin almost like the most advanced face lift treatments.
Flaxseeds are rich in omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acid content. These acids penetrate deep into skin layers, they hydrate the skin, making it supple and smooth. Flaxseed improves the collagen count of the skin, which in turn increases elasticity and works to smooth wrinkles and fine lines.
Furthermore, flaxseed is a rich source of vitamins A, B and E, which together form a powerful antioxidant. It sloughs off dead skin layers, shrinks pores, reduces oil secretion, lifts and firms up the sagging skin.
Apply the flaxseed face mask every morning during 10 days, and you will be impressed by the result.
How to make the mask (in the evening)
- Put 1 tsp of flax seeds into a bowl.
- Cover the flax seeds with ⅓ cup of hot boiled water, mix it well for 1-2 min.
- Cover the bowl with a paper towel and leave the seeds to infuse until the evening.
How to apply (in the morning)
- Clear your face and neck.
- Lie down on the bed or sofa, as you need to apply this mask in lying position (cover the bed with a towel not to mess it up).
- Take the infuse (use only the infused jelly water from the flaxseed) and a cotton pad.
- Apply the mask on our face, neck, and decollete area using a cotton pad.
- When the mask dries, apply another coating.
- Repeat up to 5-6 times.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Than rinse everything with water (preferably boiled water) and apply a nourishing serum or cream.
The homemade flaxseed face mask is very simple, but super effective to reduce the appearance of fine lines and saggy skin.
Gelatin nighttime tightening face mask
I share the recipe of a DIY gelatin cream-mask that you can easily make yourself at home. It smoothes the fine lines and tightens the face skin, neck and decollete area.
Gelatin seems like such a simple thing. It is used to make tasty jellies and marshmallows. But not everyone knows that gelatin is very useful as a skin care product, because it adds new collagen to your skin and promotes the growth of the collagen that is already there. This is because gelatin is itself dried natural collagen.
Also gelatin is useful as a face mask because it binds together when mixed with a liquid and allowed to dry. Beauty salons use gelatin as an ingredient of the treatments tightening cheeks and chest skin.
Gelatin also tends to become sticky and will bond with skin over the course of a few minutes. It’s this gentle adhesive property that becomes important when you use gelatin as a face mask ingredient.
As gelatin face mask dries, it infuses your skin with moisture and nutrients that stimulate and promote collagen growth, heal damaged skin, improve elasticity, and add volume.
Gelatin has a positive effect on protein and amino acid metabolism of the skin and improves its condition. Gelatin removes fine wrinkles, softens and whitens the skin, and also improves blood circulation.
Try this homemade face mask and you will be surprised by the effect that is noticeable almost immediately.
- 1 tsp of gelatin,
- 100 ml of water,
- 3 tbsps of honey,
- ½ cup of glycerin (pharmacy or vegetable),
- 1 g of salicylic acid (powdered aspirin tablet).
How to make the mask
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat it in a double boiler and stir continuously, until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Then remove the bowl with the mixture from the heat and start whisking with a hand or eklectic mixer (slowest speed). Keep whisking until you get jelly cream.
- Put the cream into a container with a lid and store it in the fridge.
How to apply the mask
- Take from the container as much as you need for one application of a very thin layer.
- Let the mixture to warm a bit.
- Apply it on your face with the fingertips or palms.
- In 20 minutes remove the remains of the face mask that are not absorbed into the skin with a paper towel or a wet wipe.
Apply this facemask daily (for 10 days), two hours before bedtime.
As this mask is nourishing, but not moisturising, your skin may feel a lack of moisture. So apply your normal moisturizer before going to bed.
Add these homemade face masks to your morning and nighttime skin care routine to keep premature skin aging at bay and help maintain skin firmness. Be consistent, and love your skin!