Take advanced action against acne, uneven tone, dark circles and the signs of aging. Reveal brighter, radiant, smooth skin with these easy homemade face masks.
Multifunctional homemade face mask for all skin types
This is one of the best diy face masks that helps to fight acne, shrink pores, reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and also eliminate under-eye dark circles.
- Coffee is one of the most popular ingredients in cosmetic industry? Yes, besides boosting your mood, it can improve your skin as well. Coffee is a great exfoliant, it also has an additional benefit of caffeine which has been shown to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and discoloration of the skin. Caffeine also improves blood circulation, which helps eliminate dark circles.
- Another ingredient of this homemade face mask is natural yogurt. Lactic acid in yogurt breaks down dead skin cells, it stimulates skin renewal and fights the appearance of clogged enlarged pores. Yogurt also nourishes the skin and makes it more plump.
- Honey is an ingredient that has amazing moisturizing and antibacterial properties. It keeps the moisture inside of the skin and at the same time protects your skin from any infection caused by bacteria.
- 1 tbsp of grounded coffee,
- 1 tbsp of organic honey,
- 1 tbsp of natural yogurt.
How to make and apply the face mask
- Mix all the ingredients and apply on the clean face (even under the eyes).
- Let it sit for 20 minutes, then rinse with warm water, giving a light massage.
- Apply your favorite moisturizer.
You can use this mask twice a week. Better apply it before bedtime.
Restoring DIY face mask for dull and tired skin
Use this homemade face mask if you need to restore your skin quickly after a cold season or long-term stress, get ready for some important event, or just take care of your skin.
The mask works to increase cell turnover, reduce wrinkles and fine lines, firm skin. Apply it every single day during 5 days. By the end of the course you’ll see significant changes, but the first results are visible already after the first application. The effect of this procedure lasts long enough.
No magic. Just deep moisturizing and nourishing that delivers smoother, firmer skin.
- 1 tsp of glycerin,
- 1 tsp of natural honey,
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch or cornmeal,
- approx. ¼ cup of mineral water.
How to make the mask
- Warm up honey a bit to make it liquid (with microwave or double boiling).
- Mix the liquid honey with cornstarch or cornmeal, so that there are no lumps.
- Add glycerin and mix everything thoroughly once again.
- Using a teaspoon slowly add mineral water, to achieve consistency of thick cream.
How to apply the face mask
- Apply the mixture on a cleansed face skin and décolleté zone (you can also apply it on your hands).
- Let it sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse with boiled water or chamomile infusion (if you have it, that will be even more beneficial for the skin).
Enjoy the results already after the first treatment!
Tightening DIY face mask that boosts collagen production
You need just two natural ingredients to prepare this diy face mask. They provide key elements for collagen production, like vitamin C, silica and proline amino acid.
- Cucumber is the first ingredient. It is full of vitamin C, silica, and organic acids that boost natural collagen production and tighten the skin. Also it has cooling and soothing properties, reduces inflammation and shrinks pores.
- Egg white, the second ingredient, are rich in a variety of proteins and long chain amino acids that work to increase cell turnover, reduce wrinkles and firm skin. Its natural properties tighten skin and shrink pores. Also egg whites contain antioxidants, which play a massive role in preventing cellular damage and healing damaged skin cells.
- 1 cucumber,
- 1 egg white.
How to make and apply the mask
- To maximize the benefits of this face mask start with gently massaging your face to get the blood flowing. This will help the skin to absorb more nutrients.
- Rinse your face with warm water.
- Chop the cucumber (do not peel it!) and liquefy it with blender. Strain the mixture to get cucumber juice.
- Mix the egg white with 2 tbsps of cucumber juice.
- Immediately apply the mixture on your face (avoid the under-eye area).
- Leave on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse well and pat dry.
Apply this mask 1-2 times per week to achieve the best results. Daily moisturize your face to prevent the appearance of wrinkles.
Also include in your diet products with vitamin C and sources of amino acids, such as eggs, whole grains, nuts, seeds, and legumes. Drink enough water and stay hydrated.
For me these are the best homemade face masks. I hope you will like these easy diy recipes and will enjoy the benefits for your skin. Try to make them yourself at home!