Restore resilience, radiance and vitality with this natural face toner. Anise maximizes skin’s power of revitalization by stimulating surface skin cell renewal.
Draw the line at dull, tired skin. It’s a homemade face toner that’s completely natural, inexpensive and easy to prepare and is unbelievably effective. Instantly, skin appears refreshed and vibrant. In 1 month, the skin feels firmer, appears visibly replumped. Renewed, full of life.
What is toner for the face? When to use it?
Facial toner is basically the in-between skincare step. It’s meant to be used after cleansing your face but before using your serum, face cream or any other moisturizer.
What does it do?
Face toner balances skin pH after washing and prepares the skin for serum and moisturizers while getting rid of excess oil and stubborn dirt or makeup leftover on your face after you wash it.
What are additional benefits of a natural star anise face toner for your skin?
The star anise seeds have a distinct flavor and aroma and offer many benefits for your skin and overall health. Anise is called a miracle herb because of its ability to tighten and tone the skin, leaving it firm and smooth.
Homemade toner from star anise has shown to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It is also used to provide relief from acne scars and damaged skin.
As soon as you apply anise toner to your skin, it appears softer and smoother. When left on overnight, it starts to penetrate the tissues, softening wrinkles and reducing acne scars and pigmentation over time.
While no product can completely remove wrinkles and scarring, you can reduce their appearance and visibility. But do not forget, you have to use it consistently over time to really see the benefits.
How to prepare your DIY face toner
- a handful of anise seeds (you can purchase star anise online if you can’t find it locally),
- 1 cup water.
- Put the seeds into the kettle or pot and add boiling water. As if you’re making tea.
- Cover with a lid, wrap in a towel, and let it sit to infuse for at least 8 hours.
- When cooled, strain and pour the liquid into a bottle.
- Store it in the fridge (for up to 2 weeks).
How to use
- Wash your face.
- Apply the toner with a cotton round or spray it on your face from a spray bottle.
- Let it dry for several minutes.
- Follow with serum or moisturizer (your regular beauty routine.
For me this is one of the best face toners. I hope you will like this easy DIY recipe and will enjoy its benefits for your face. Just don’t forget to use it consistently!