Doesn’t it feel like it takes ‘forever’ for your hair to grow longer? On average, your hair grows from a quarter inch to half an inch per month. This might seem slow but patience is key and you must constantly try to keep your hair healthy.
The biggest concern that most people have while growing their hair is keeping it damage-free and healthy. This includes intensively caring for your hair on a regular basis by oiling it, treating it with hair masks, cleansing it, and preventing potential damage.
Here is one of those tricks to naturally grow your hair longer and thicker! It’s rosemary-infused olive oil hair mask. Try it!
Both extra virgin olive oil and rosemary, are very very beneficial and effective for hair health and natural growth.
One of the most important qualities of rosemary that make it great for hair growth is that it is a powerful stimulant, which when applied to the scalp induces blood circulation to the hair follicles. When the hair follicles are supplied with a greater amount of nutrient-rich blood, faster and healthier hair growth occurs.
Rosemary is also a powerful antimicrobial herb with antifungal, antibacterial and antiseptic properties that help prevent and treat dandruff, flaky scalp, acne on scalp and other infections on the scalp that contribute to hair fall.
Olive oil works well as a carrier oil when using rosemary. It conditions the hair and seals the cuticle without weighing it down. With its rich content of omega-6 fatty acids, it also strengthens your hair and nourishes your scalp, ensuring that the new hair that is growing is strong and healthy.
Extra virgin olive oil also gives additional stimulation to blood circulation and nourishes the follicles with essential nutrients and unsaturated fats. It also helps seal moisture in the hair shaft, preventing dryness and making hair more manageable.
So, you will need:
- a handful of fresh rosemary,
- extra virgin olive oil (approx. 1 cup),
- a glass jar.
How to make
- Rinse rosemary and dry completely.
- Cut rosemary to fit jar.
- Place rosemary in a jar.
- Once filled, completely cover rosemary with olive oil.
- Cover the jar securely.
- Set aside for 1 month. After one month, remove the rosemary leaves from the now infused oil.
How to apply
- Section your hair and gently massage the oil into your scalp for about 10 minutes.
- Then work the oil along the length of your hair until the roots and tips are well covered.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap or a plastic wrap. The warm environment will allow for maximum penetration and absorption of nutrients.
- Let it sit for 40-60 min.
- Wash your hair and style as usual. If you have oily hair, you can skip conditioning.
Watch this short video to learn how to make another one more rosemary based hair mask and how to apply these hair grows treatments step by step.
For best results, apply the rosemary based treatments once a week to stop hair loss and promote hair growth.