This homemade eye cream contains natural anti aging ingredients that visibly diminish dark circles and puffiness, and minimize the appearance of crow’s feet.
Since the skin around your eyes is thinner and more delicate in comparison to other parts of the face, the eye contour area is actually more prone to showing early signs of aging.
The delicate area around your eyes requires special attention.
Using an eye cream in your daily skin care product lineup is something that you can do to address your under-eye problems.
Help fight and prevent key signs of aging with these natural anti aging ingredients. You can restore radiance with your own homemade under eye cream. Adding an anti aging eye cream to your skincare routine can leave your skin looking healthy, smooth and with a youthful glow.
So, let’s take a look at the ingredients and its benefits for the skin.
- Beeswax is a natural wax produced by honey bees. This is the ingredient that works to fix and hold the mix of oils in the cream. At the same time it helps to smooth wrinkles, relieve skin irritation and maintain the natural moisture of the skin.
- Argan oil deeply nourishes, softens and smoothes your skin. It is known to aid in the production of collagen in the middle layer of the skin making it firmer. Collagen reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as it helps the skin to stay more plump and toned.
- Rosehip oil is one of the best remedies for regeneration and moisturising. Over the years, rosehip oil has been shown to retard the signs of premature ageing and provide excellent results in the treatment of burns, scars and unsightly spots on skin.
- Geranium essential oil also has strong regeneration properties. Another one very important beauty benefit of this oil is reducing puffy eyes and under eye bags through relieving water retention.
- 1 tbsp of beeswax (15 g),
- 1 tbsp of argan oil (8 g),
- 1 tsp of rosehip oil (4 g),
- 10 drops of geranium essential oil.
How to make eye cream
- Use a double boiler to warm the beeswax until it melts.
- Mix the melted wax with other ingredients and whisk well with a spoon or spatula.
- Put everything into a suitable glass jar with a tight lid.
- Let it cool at room temperature.
You don’t need to store this cream in the fridge, because all of its ingredients are “self-preserving”.
How to apply
- Apply this eye cream every day, both in the morning and at night.
- Pick up a small amount of the cream on your finger and dot it on around the orbital bone, from the inner to the outer corners of your eye area.
- After you’ve dotted it on, use the pad of your finger to pat the eye cream, keep patting until fully absorbed.
This eye cream can help minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as well as dark circles under the eyes with continued use over time.