Is your hair dry and dull? Do you have split ends and frizz? If so, you have damaged hair, but the good news is that it’s not too late to begin the healing process.
There are techniques and treatments for damaged hair to help bring those wrecked tresses back to life.
One of them is hair lamination mask. It’s homemade inexpensive solution that if used over time can add shine and softness to the damaged hair. The great part is that it’s very easy to make this strengthening, conditioning hair mask at home.
The main ingredient is gelatin powder, which you probably have in your kitchen.
So, how does gelatin help in strengthening hair? Gelatin is nothing but processed version of protein collagen. As we know, collagen is the fibrous protein that makes 80% of our hair. Gelatin improves hair’s elasticity, which in turn strengthens hair follicles.
Gelatin hair mask have wonderful result, which can be compared with the lamination of hair in a beauty salon.
Gelatin covers hair with a film that nourishes the hair and restores its protein structure. Hair become voluminous, looks strong and shiny.
Now let’s get down to the recipe.
- 1 cup of hot water,
- 2 tbsps of powdered gelatin,
- 1 tbsp of honey,
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
Optional add-ins are essential oils. Rosemary adds shine, chamomile is helpful for dry hair and tea tree is helpful for oily hair. For the recipe below, use 25-30 drops.
How to make
- Take a hot water, then sprinkle in the gelatin powder. Keep whisking it to prevent the formation of lumps.
- Add apple cider vinegar, mix it.
- Add honey. Then add essential oils (optional). Whisk well for the ingredients to combine.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the mask into a bottle container for easier application.
How to apply
- Wash with shampoo and brush your hair.
- Apply the mask on all the length of wet hair, but don’t let the mixture get into scalp.
- Wrap your head in a shower cap and then a towel.
- Leave the mask on for at least 15 minutes. Better allow it to act for 30-40 minutes.
- Wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
Watch this short video to learn how to apply this mask properly, and see its amazing result!
If you want to enjoy the best results, try using this DIY gelatin hair mask a couple of times a week. Then, you can maintain your results by using the mask twice a month.