Rose infused oil is a great skin and hair beautifying agent and can be used in a variety if homemade hair and face masks and also in a lot of DIY products.
The beauty of roses goes beyond their pride of place in the garden. Their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities means that incorporating this fragrant flower into our beauty regimes can also help our complexions bloom.
Rose infused oil
This oil can help to gently re-hydrate and tone the skin, softening and brightening a tired face. Rose oil can be used for moisturizing and pampering your body, hair, and nails, and also it smells so good.
Rose infused oil has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties which helps to prevent acne and fade scars. It helps to even out skin tone. Use rose oil as a facial oil before bedtime and let it work its magic all night to wake up to smoother, glowing skin. Add a drop to your moisturizer to fight acne and prevent ageing.
Rose oil helps to prevent frizz, makes hair soft and shiny. It also promotes healthy hair growth. Use rose oil as a hair serum – take few drops on the palm and apply it on towel dried hair. Add few drops in your shampoo or conditioner.
You can also use it for your nails (conditioning your bare nails/cuticles after removing nail polish).
To make your own rose infused oil you’ll need
- 1 cups rose petals (2-3 organic roses),
- 1 cup grape seed oil (you can also use jojoba or olive oil),
- glass jar with lid,
How to make
- Prepare 1 cup of organic rose petals (2-3 roses) and 1 cup of grape seed oil in a glass jar.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Then remove it from the heat.
- Shred the petals.
- Add the petals to the oil.
- Swirl the petals around in the oil.
- Cover the jar and place into the hot water.
- When the water cools, remove the jar.
- Let jar sit for at least 24 hours.
- Use a sieve to separate the rose petals from the oil (optional).
- Store the oil in a cool dry place.
- Make a patch test before use.
Tips for homemade rose infused oil
- Use organically grown roses. When you are making beauty products or products you’ll use on your skin make sure the flowers are organically grown.
- Use the most fragrant roses you can find.
- Shred or crush the rose petals to help infuse the oil easier.
- Make sure any oil you use is lightly or not scented at all.
- If you have more fresh rose petals you can add them into the oil to help intensify the rose scent. Plus it makes the rose oil look pretty in the jar too. But this step is optional.